You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old July 29th, 2020, 05:52 AM   #16
JesperMP
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Denmark

The OP17 is absolutely ancient.
You dont have the program for the OP17.
You dont have the program for the S7 PLC.
Getting a 3rd party to look at it at 330$/hour.

That the Siemens tech asked for the source project is because any support without this is extremely difficult. So the 330 per hour will very quickly add up to an enormous sum.

It is a bad situation, I suggest that you contact the original machine manufacturer to either support the existing OP17, or to have them migrate the OP17 to a newer more uptodate panel.
Other than that, you are looking at reverse engineering the OP17 program, which is not impossible for an expert, but will be expensive when you dont have access to the source S7 project.
Old July 31st, 2020, 03:14 PM   #17
lsam
United States

Update for everyone who has been trying to help me:
According to the machine service tech that has been here in our building since yesterday, this problem is possibly originating from the profibus cable, connectors, and/or a profibus module - ET-200X I think he said. Anyway, after cleaning up the connections at the inverter the saw now runs in spurts of about 2-3 hours before any error messages cause the saw to stop operating. At least the original error messages are all gone. So, whatever I find to keep things running without error messages, I will post here for inquiring minds.

Thanks to everyone who put in their two bits.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum