Espon Robot And Control Logix

Donnchadh

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi All

I am working on a project with a Epson robot and a Control logix plc.I am hoping to connect to the robot over ethernet.I have worked a lot with ethernet on plc to plc,plc to hmi but never to a non Allen Bradley device.Is this possible, would I need ehernet ip networks soft ware.The start and stop digital inputs to robot.We need to selected programs for the robot and I think this would be the best way,as I acn send a string message to the robot and it will read this.

Thank you for taking the time to read this

Donnchadh

Very easy and very quickly; just set IP adress and go!
Do you need some other help? Which software, drivers...

Regards,
MisaMark

Hi

Thanks for the reply.Do i need ethernet IP software or can I set it up in logix 5000

Thanks again

You need RsLinx to connect; he is "like" driver; you need to set up all parameters for communication there (RsLinx). After, you can use suitable software (Logix5000 or RsView... ) to make what you want;
But, for connection, just set up RsLinx

You can write me exactelly what actually you need to make; maybe I can help you!

MisaMark

There is two ways of communicating the Robot one is sheduled & otherone is unsheduled
To do sheduled connection configure the device in the i/O tree provide the assembly instances & Ip address in generic ethernet module

To do unsheduled connection prepare the msg inst with proper path & assembly instances

if connecting to an epson robot via ethernet/ip what are the assembly instances set for in the generic ethernet module. Or what are the settings for the msg?

It is a Allen Bradley Compact Logix 1769-L33ERM and and Epson Robot Controller RC180