iFix can't see the alarm tags!!!

johnlam

Hi All!!!

I have encountered a problem with iFix and it's seems pretty weird. The iFix is talking to a Flexlogic PLC, and iFix is able to read from the PLC no problem, except for alarms. A typical example is like this:

Tag Type iFix Tag PLC Tag
DR ABC C71B.PLC71B.GV.Gen[2].14
DA ABC_F C71B.PLC71B.GV.Gen[2].15

iFix can read the tag ABC and do whatever animation required. It's also showing the state of the tag is either Open or Close. However, for tag ABC_F, iFix couldn't read it, and the state of the tag is ?????.

What I then do was, swap the PLC bits around in the iFix database. This means that:

Tag Type iFix Tag PLC Tag
DR ABC C71B.PLC71B.GV.Gen[2].15
DA ABC_F C71B.PLC71B.GV.Gen[2].14

Everything the same except that ABC points to .15 and ABC_F points to .14. The ABC continues to be able to read from the PLC (from .15), but ABC_F continues not able to read, even though .14 was readable when it's assigned to ABC. This concludes that the link between the iFix and PLC has no problem, and there must be some sort of setting in the iFix database (or elsewhere in iFix) that stops it from reading it. Has anybody encounter such problem?

Many Many Thanks!!!

John

I don't know IFIX well at all and my fault was with a different Scada package.
I had a similar fault several years ago where Tags worked but alarms attached to the tags did not.

My solution was to disable the attached alarm and save the tag.
Shut down the Scada and reboot computer.
Then go back to tag and re enable attached alarm.
My suspicion is a version update defaulted to alarms off.

well, there's definitely no problem with the DR block because the tag comes through no problem, it's the DA block that i am having problem with.

Some one told me that all of the PLC tag that iFix tag points to should be ended with @Boolean (assuming the tag is digital)

Is it necessary to have @Boolean?