factorytalk view studio export to bmp?

jonfarrugia

Is it possible to export my displays using factorytalk view studio 5.1 to a bmp? I need to create a manual and would like to display some screens in it.

Take a look at the Application Documenter, In the Tools menu of the Factory Talk ME start menu. You can choose to export screens in any number of ways and details.

This is a great tool. Although in the latest version (with SE 6.0) I have, you can only export your data into Html format.
In that case I opened the folder associated with the exported html file and there I found jpeg images of all the concerned displays.

I use a nifty screen capture tool called FSCapture.

Good thing about it - it's a "portable" app. that runs off a memory stick without needing to be installed on the target PC - great for taking screen captures off clients' machines.

http://www.faststone.org/FSCaptureDetail.htm

You can save in various formats, and the enclosed pic was done with it.

I use a nifty screen capture tool called FSCapture.

This is a very good screen capture software I usually use Snagit8 for this purpose. Still you have to navigate through each screen in your hmi for these software.

P.S. Application documenter only provides the design view of these screens. for runtime there no choice but to use one of these screen capture software

Just for completeness, Windows itself can do screen captures. The PrntScrn key captures the whole display to the clipboard, ALT-PrntScrn captures only the active window.

From there, you can paste it into just about any paint program and save it in whatever format you like.

Use the "Factory Talk View Studio" tool called "Application Documenter".
Mark Graphics.
Click File - Export.
Export to HTML.

In the folder where you put the export file, you can find all the graphics as JPG.

If you absolutely want them as BMP you must convert them using a batch graphics converter program

Follow Up

Hey All,

Late reply I know. With the Application Documenter tool, is it possible to have this export the screens as live with my PLC so I can see tag values instead of just *** in my tag locations?

I run the application from my machine and use a program called Photoscape to do the screen captures. It has a "capture window" feature that makes it easy to get the bounds of the screen when it is running. It also has a "repeat last capture" so after you have selected the window once, repeat last capture will grab the same location on the window every time.

Windows' Snipping Tool works well also. You get to choose from full screen, window, free form, or rectangular snip. You can export your snip in a few different common formats, via "save as". It's included in the OS at no additional charge. Microsoft...always thinking of the customer....(y)

Start>All Programs>Accessories

I run the application from my machine and use a program called Photoscape to do the screen captures. It has a "capture window" feature that makes it easy to get the bounds of the screen when it is running. It also has a "repeat last capture" so after you have selected the window once, repeat last capture will grab the same location on the window every time.

I downloaded it, and I kind of like it. You can "save as" in a couple more formats over Windows' Snipping Tool. I don't care for the blinking square when you are doing a "region" snip though, that's gonna give me a headache. Thanks for the app suggestion. I like open sourced apps; they're free, always getting better and I like to support the small guys.