Scan time ge 90-30 cpu 352

jcp

Hi friends;
can i get the scan time value? is there any refrence/system status bit we used to get the scan time?
Actually i want to achive the following task
1. if the scan time greater than 300ms then system shutdown because i set the scan time 150ms.
2. what type of timer i use to count the time?
Regards

Sir;
I read the documentation it used if u choose contineous sweep mode.I used NORMAL mode.
I just want to read the sweep time how long it takes. In rslogix5000 v 16 i used the GSV block and get the last scan time. which i want to used entire of the application like genearte ramp and controll counters.
Can i set the scan time in NORMAL mode as well?
Regards

You can use SVC_REQ code 16 to read the CPU's elapsed time clock. The difference between the returned value for subsequent scans is the most recent scan time.

You could also set a fixed scan time and use that for your ramp generation. You could call a subroutine at a specified time interval and put your ramp generation logic in that subroutine. It seems to me that either of those approaches would result in uniform ramp increments while using the actual scan time to calculate ramp increments would result in uneven steps.

You will find that there a multiple ways to accomplish your objectives once you stop wishing the PLC would behave exactly like the one you're most familar with and start figuring out how to use the tools it makes available to you.

Can i set the scan time in NORMAL mode as well?
No, NORMAL scan mode means that the PLC behaves normally, taking as long as necessary to service its I/O, communications, and logic solution. Fixed scan time means the PLC will do all of the above and then wait until the time you specify has elapsed before beginning a new scan. If you specify a time shorter than the PLC requires, it will set a bit to alert you that it took more time than you allocated.

Hello Experts;

Good day. I used GE Funac CPU 352. I want to set the fixed scan time which is 25ms. Where from i set this value?
While sweep time is 100. when i go online scan time shows on window is 8 to 10 ms. Please guide me where from i set this value?

Regards

Logicmaster has been obsolete for fifteen years. You get to it through one of the F keys that you don't use very often. It might even be in the configuration half of the software. I don't start up my computer that has Logicmaster on it very often.

Edit:
F3 - PLC Control & Status, then F8 - Sweep

Last edited: