FactoryTalk replace fonts in all displays

bgtorque

Is anybody aware of a way to globally replace a font type across all or a number of screens in one hit, but without modifying the font size?

I don't believe there is a native feature. I usually export the screens I want to edit. They will be XML files. Open with a notepad editor. Do a search and replace for the font. Then import back in and update the objects.

James

Late addition to the thread but it may help someone else. I wanted to change all the fonts from 12pt to 10pt ...

For each display
- Open the display
- Select all the objects
- View | Properties
- Click on the Font property
- Click on the ... button
- Set the font properties

It's pretty quick.

Late addition to the thread but it may help someone else. I wanted to change all the fonts from 12pt to 10pt ...

For each display
- Open the display
- Select all the objects
- View | Properties
- Click on the Font property
- Click on the ... button
- Set the font properties

It's pretty quick.

Are you sure this works for ALL fonts, including embedded? I would be hesitant to say yes.

I had forgotten to reply, I did try this and it doesn't work on all fonts like I thought. For example, it will not change the font within a multistate. For me, the best way is still export, search and replace, then import back in.

I had forgotten to reply, I did try this and it doesn't work on all fonts like I thought. For example, it will not change the font within a multistate. For me, the best way is still export, search and replace, then import back in.

It works for me if you change the state in the Property Panel