conveyer analog speed position match

lightning

any info to match 2 conveyers to an encoder. Conveyer 1 would lead 2. Encoder scaled and outputed to 2 (4-20ma).To syncronize the analog out would be ramped up in steps to match the conveyer paddles as they line up by sensors and timers. Upon final match open loop drive to run at scaled speed.(maybe first ten spots out of time)
1>how to scale a pulse train from encoder (rate to word)
2>how to create a pid loop from 2 encoders if I add a second to match more precise.
3>use rs logix 500 or pico software (maybe even directsoft)
A;) ny help or familarity to this please respond.

thanks,
pete

For speed control on high speed canning lines, we used a digital to analog converter, which received a pulsed signal and gave out a 4-20mA signal, which went into the PLC.

We do quite a lot of sync applications. We mainly use SEW drives and the sync is done in the drive not in the PLC. You can switch the drive into sync or positioning modes easily by toggling a bit. There is an application module available with SEW called DriveSync. You can connect dirves to SLC via DevicNet and this moudule use 6 words per dirve each way. These drives going to be slaves in sync mode and need to connect the master encoder signal to the drive's external encoder plug. You can trim the speeds of the slaves simply by changing the master/slave ratio. For more info

http://www.sew-eurodrive.com.au/support/search_documentation.php?sachnr=11340819&furtherlanguages=true