Communication Problem with SLC 5/03

Dear Folks,
I v got some trouble while downloading a programme in PLC (slc 5/03). Unintentionaly i changed the com0 mode from DF1 to ASCII User. I want to get back to DF1 protocol so I can start working with my project.
Is there any way I can reset the communication parameters to default.
I found a technique on net throgh which we can restore the factory default settings. Which is to short the VBB and ground terminals for 60 seconds.
Please help me out.

Regards,
Husnain Mahmood

Dear Folks,

I found a technique on net throgh which we can restore the factory default settings. Which is to short the VBB and ground terminals for 60 seconds.

This will work but it will erase your program... you also need to remove the battery when you do this

Another way is using a UIC or PIC and connect to the other port on the PLC, then you can change your settings back...

I have done this 3 times now in my programming in the last 9 days of working with the 5/03. I am using a USB to 9 pin cable. I dont have the PIC or AIC, so I had to short the VBB and restore to factory defaults. Like indicated, you will have to reload the program too.

Ok, Thanks for recomendation.
Is there any other way just like we can use some caommands through hypertermianl and reconfigure our programme too.
I will try the solution.

you could give me instructions, is the basic program to load the module base? I just tried with HyperTerminal no luck.
I'm using a crossover serial cable COM1 with a serial interface. Are connected to the upper gate ASCII form (I believe port 2).
I can not take any type of transmission.
I searched the forum and have not found anything that really works.
They seem to say that is simple, please let me know what I'm doing wrong?
Set the base module in Program mode, in conjunction with null-modem cable to the connector 1 If everything is ok you should see some messages when you turn the base module. If you communicate with the base module, consisting of a list of programs with HyperTerminal, and then cut and paste into Notepad.

Hi Husnain,

Could you share with us how you use the Hyperterminal to force the comm. port back to DF1?

I don't think thats how the OP did it. I think the OP defaulted the controller by removing the battery ans shorting Vdd to Ground.
I could be wrong though. But see text below for a how-to change modes. (user to system)