Et200sp

userxyz

I'm curieuse... What stands the S for en what stands the P for in Et200sp.
And Et200 same question...

I've often wondered that, but just assumed it wouldn't make sense in english, only german.

I've also assumed that the P is for "plus" or "improved" or "premium" or something like that, since the ET200SP is replacing ET200S and the ET200MP is replacing ET200M.

I dunno if the brochure is accurate, or if thats something made up by the guy who wrote the brochure. It doesn't make sense to me to go from old gen hardware as "ET200 Scalable" to new gen as "ET200 Scalable Periphery".

I dunno if the brochure is accurate, or if thats something made up by the guy who wrote the brochure. It doesn't make sense to me to go from old gen hardware as "ET200 Scalable" to new gen as "ET200 Scalable Periphery".

How many engineers have you met in marketing? I think it is as you say, someone had to name these and had to be near the previous name, but not use the same name.

It would be interesting to have a brochure for when the ET200S came out to see if the S by itself means Scalable or if it changed over time.

Hi Vincent.

I am not 100% sure on the ET200SP, but the S7-300 Family certainly supports Modbus TCP through a dedicated Siemens FB, however there are additional licencing costs.

It might be worth trying to import the Modbus Plus Blocks (FB102-105) and see if you can get a compile- in theory it supports all modules with a ProfiNET interface port.

From memory- you can trial this functionality without a licence; however it will call the operating system to display the SF error at all times on the CPU until a valid licence string is fed to the FB.

Regards

Daniel.

Can the ET200SP work with Proface GP4000 series HMI?

If you're using one of the ET200sp CPUs, then they are treated like a 1500 (1510sp or 1512sp). Should work, since 1500 support is listed. It might require "standard" blocks instead of "optimized", if that is required for the 1500s.

The 1500 series (including et200sp CPUs) support modbus TCP out of some included (and relatively straightforward) instructions. Nothing like the shenanigans with the 300s, with licenses and whatever.

If you're using et200sp as just IO (Interface module/IM instead of CPU), then it probably isn't compatible.

It might be worth trying to import the Modbus Plus Blocks (FB102-105) and see if you can get a compile- in theory it supports all modules with a ProfiNET interface port.

From memory- you can trial this functionality without a licence; however it will call the operating system to display the SF error at all times on the CPU until a valid licence string is fed to the FB.

Regards

Daniel.

Hi Daniel,
Noted. Thanks for the advice.