Comfort panel log data limitations?

spaderkung

In "historical data" configuration the only upper limit on records per circular log is 500.000. Acccording to the Siemens support the maximum number of entries allowed to configure for a TP700 is 20.000.

This sounds strange to med because TIA portal knows my hardware and should therefore impose this limitation automatically.

I have a fully functional example on my desktop where i copy log .csv files from the HMI SD-card showing over 20.000 entries. I also have a machine in China that crashes after a year with "hmiRTm.exe serious error" and the only google of this is about logs on the Siemens support page.

Support is citing the help file at: Visualize processes/Performance features/performance features of the devices/comfort panel.

Support says either application programming error or overflow logs.. We have other older machines working.

In "historical data" configuration the only upper limit on records per circular log is 500.000. Acccording to the Siemens support the maximum number of entries allowed to configure for a TP700 is 20.000.

This sounds strange to med because TIA portal knows my hardware and should therefore impose this limitation automatically.

I have a fully functional example on my desktop where i copy log .csv files from the HMI SD-card showing over 20.000 entries. I also have a machine in China that crashes after a year with "hmiRTm.exe serious error" and the only google of this is about logs on the Siemens support page.

Support is citing the help file at: Visualize processes/Performance features/performance features of the devices/comfort panel.

Support says either application programming error or overflow logs.. We have other older machines working.

The limits Siemens gives you are the "we tested this, and it should always work" type of limit. Sometimes they allow you to try to exceed it, but you're doing it at your own risk at that point.

I do agree though, it seems like there should be an option in the data log to use the max of the panel.