Factory Talk parameter file

Hey, guys

I'm working on some FT displays and I found a "Numeric Display" with the following expression:

"PID\TCA6103"

I thought it could make a reference to a parameter file, and when I search for it there is one after the name "PID_TCA6103", in this PF I found the same expression:

#1={PID\TCA6103}

Do you know what does it refer to?

Thanks!

Hey, guys

I'm working on some FT displays and I found a "Numeric Display" with the following expression:

"PID\TCA6103"

I thought it could make a reference to a parameter file, and when I search for it there is one after the name "PID_TCA6103", in this PF I found the same expression:

#1={PID\TCA6103}

Thanks!

"PID\TCA6103" will refer to a tag in your HMI tag database, tag 'TCA6103' in folder 'PID'

Hope that helps

Hey, guys

"PID\TCA6103"

If there are quotation marks in the expression they are use to identify that information as TEXT. Not a TAG

#1={PID\TCA6103}

Thanks!

As others have stated the parameter file entry #1={Folder\Tag}

if you have no folders in you FT tag database then it's not going to work.

2nd if you used the cross reference to find the Parameter File are you sure that file is being called for the screen that the numeric entry is on.

Parameter files are called with the Go To Display object that opens the screen.
Have you found that Parameter file called by an object.

There are no quotation in the expression, it was me who quoted in the post. Sorry ofr the missunderstanding.

And yes, if you right click the numeric entry object and go to animation you can find the tab "touch" set to go to a screen which is set to open that parameter file, as follow:

Display PID_VARIABLES_AMONI /PPID_TCA6103