Wincc flex 2008 SP2 compiling error

Jeff23spl

Hello Everyones

I did ask Siemens service about that but i'm in a hurry finishing a project ready to ship and maybe someone here get a faster answer :)

I work an TP177micro project from a previous one made with exactly the same soft version wincc flex 2008 sp2 upd12
When i save as the project to the new name i can re open it or compile it without any issues

when i try to delete a page or some object, it sometimes fail at compiling or at saving. If it successfully save, when i try to reopen it i got empty screen page or missing 95% of what was there before.

if i dont close the modified project and compile each changes 1 by 1, i can reach the end and be able to download it to the HMI but at this point i'm loked out without being able to save my project...

I did try it with 3 different laptop with same result: When i edit the project at some point when i try compiling it start and then stop to tell me it have to make a complete compilation and then i know the file get scraped because it did that full compile regardless if i exit without saving or not. At that point, I can save it but when i re-open it the file project is missing a lot of thing and the new compile give a windows error (see attached message window)

I did try to copy the pages to an empty project the the copy paste don't work either...

I did try a save and optimize but no better results, another error message appear

the compile error popo up screen say that :

This is an automatically generated error report for the WinCC flexible Engineering System.
Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 5.1.2600.131072
Product version: WinCC flexible 2008 SP2 Advanced; K 1.03 ServicePack 2 Hotfix 12; K 1.3 SP 2 HF 12 (1.03.01)

rest of the pop up

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException
Possible index corruption detected. Run DBCC CHECKDB.
Exception Source
.Net SqlClient Data Provider
Exception Target Site
Void OnError(System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException, Boolean)
Exception Stack Trace
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at Siemens.Simatic.Hmi.Utah.Framework.SynchronizeWrapper.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult result)
at Siemens.Simatic.Hmi.Utah.Common.Base.ThreadSynchronizer.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult result, Int32 sleepInterval, CancelEventHandler cancelEventHandler, Int32 timeout, DispatchMessages dispatchMessages, ISynchronizeInvoke synchronizer)
at Siemens.Simatic.Hmi.Utah.Common.Base.ThreadSynchronizer.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult result)
at Siemens.Simatic.Hmi.Utah.Common.Base.ThreadSynchronizer.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult result, Int32 sleepInterval, CancelEventHandler cancelEventHandler, Int32 timeout, DispatchMessages dispatchMessages, ISynchronizeInvoke synchronizer)
at Siemens.Simatic.Hmi.Utah.Common.Base.ThreadSynchronizer.Invoke(Int32 sleepInterval, CancelEventHandler cancelEventHandler, Int32 timeout, DispatchMessages dispatchMessages, ISynchronizeInvoke synchronizer, Delegate method, Object[] args)
at Siemens.Simatic.Hmi.Utah.Common.Base.ThreadSynchronizer.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
at Siemens.Simatic.Hmi.Utah.Common.Base.MainThreadSynchronizer.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
at Siemens.Simatic.Hmi.Utah.ES2RT.Service.ES2RTLinkerMaster.GetLinkInfo(HmiObjectHandle DeviceHandle, IContext Context, Boolean calcPowerTags)
at Siemens.Simatic.Hmi.Utah.ES2RT.Service.ES2RTLinkerMaster.Link(HmiObjectHandle DeviceHandle, IContext Context)
at Siemens.Simatic.Hmi.Utah.ES2RT.Service.Es2rtCompileThread.IterateDevice(RebuildDeviceObjectsIterator deviceObIterator, Es2rtTodo device, Boolean prelink, Boolean inRebuild)
at Siemens.Simatic.Hmi.Utah.ES2RT.Service.Es2rtCompileThread.DoPreLink(ArrayList devices2PreLink, Int32 blockSize, Boolean inRebuild)
at Siemens.Simatic.Hmi.Utah.ES2RT.Service.Es2rtCompileThread.FinishDevices(IList currentDevices)
at Siemens.Simatic.Hmi.Utah.ES2RT.Service.Es2rtCompileThread.Run()
End Exception

Any magic idea ?

When i try a save as on the working project it say as error right after the screen (Copy data base) Cannot close the project...

Last edited:
Have you tried deleting all the temp data befor recompiling?
I think it's under the options menu, but I am not sure.

If rebuilding all does not cure the problem, then somehow the project has become corrupted in a way that flex cannot repair by itself.

Consider to start a new project all over. You can copy tags and screens from the bad to the good project, so it should not be such a big job.

I did a copy paste from the original project and redo all the changes another time...and now the new file seems to be ok

I didn't get better info from Siemens...My file probably get corrupted and it is possible as the original one was transferred few times via usb stick and an office network...

Now the thing that worry me is that i can't coppy the project file to another location even when the project is closed....i have to reboot so i'm suspecting that something (a soft) is keeping action to the wincc project file...I'm not sure but i don't think it was working this way before...And i did try on 3 different pc with the same result but each 3 is my office property and the IT team have access to them anytime...Can it be related to that ?