Conveyor Speed into 1769-IQ16

kyone

I am designing a concrete mixing plant and require about 6 different speed pulses to determine speed of the 6 conveyors.

The maximum speed is 3 revs per sec. Using a L33ER processor, can a standard 1769-IQ16 DI card handle 3 pulses per second for 6 different DIs ?

I will put the counting in a periodic task.

I'd rather not have to use HSC card if I can avoid it.

At those low speeds, no problem.

Because you're dealing with relatively slow pulses, you might want to measure time between pulses, rather than accumulate pulses over a fixed period of time.

Similar Topics

Hello everyone. I have a feedback from encoder to measure the speed of conveyor, if in need to control the speed of the conveyor to a preset...
Replies
Views
I need help on develping PLC logic to use a PE(photoeye) to detect and calculate the lenght of parts and gap between parts on a conveyor. Conveyor...
Replies
Views
Hi,all: we have over head chain conveyor drove by PF525,the total conveyor length is about 1350 foot, its speed jumping too much (not stable)...
Replies
Views
I have a conveyor whose speed varies between 20 and 50Hz through a PLC (HMI). I need to program a code with a timer whose value will vary between...
Replies
Views
Hi guys its my first time here so im not to sure how this works. But anyway, my goal is to keep the same speed i got for my conveyor belt. Right...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom