USB Driver problems when using virtual machine

TheSneeze

Hello everyone,

I have some problems regarding using the Schneider PLC USB driver within a virtual machine.

I am currently using VMware Workstation 15 Player running a Windows 7 virtual machine. When connecting the USB-cable to the virtual machine the driver appears to work the same as when connecting to the host. However, when trying to test the connection using Driver Manager the virtual port within the guest is not found.

Has anybody else had this issue, and is it fixable? I seem to recall hearing about people getting it to work but I don't know what to do.

get into your VMWare Options and allow it access to that USB device. Some have to be specifically authorized to pass through into the VM. My DeltaV key was that way.