HMI Backup from CMD Line RSView

fredz0003

Hi all,

Does anyone has setup backups on a local network setup using HMIBackupRestore.exe utility in RSView Enterprise. I've setup the CFG file with below parameters;

[HMIServerParameters]
HMIServerName=(Path to project)\HMI Project

I am trying the following from a remote computer in the same local network:

1. pushd \\UNCPath
2. cd (Drive Letter)Program Files (x86)\Rockwell Software\RSView Enterprise\
3. HMIBackupRestore.exe /B (Drive Letter)Program Files (x86)\Rockwell
Software\RSView Enterprise\HMIBackup.CFG
4. popd

I also tried doing the above commands by adding them to a bat file in the HMI, and then running from remote. I know I successfully changed my path in cmd prompt because if I run HMIBackupRestore.exe with a wrong parameter let's say -H it launches an error message popup from the utility itself.

Have you tried with double quote your path?
Also how do you make/control the drive letter consistently, why not use the good old NET USE

Last edited:
Nevermind I figured it. So the problem was that cmd prompt from remote station wasn't really doing anything.

We use radmin for remote viewing so I telnet in, and ran the bat file, and voila the backup was done in the corresponding folder. Now I just need to figure out how to do it remotely will try using P***EC. At least I know that my bat, and cfg for the backup is correct now.

I'm actually using Java as part of a backup utility, it will backup multiple systems, and grab files before we upgrade systems. Doing it by hand is becoming a chore, hence the tool. The hmi is just 1 of about another 35 items or so.

Edit: I dunno why PLCTalk is putting asterisks for P S E X E C?