ww historian

Trying to get a ww historian to talk to networked SLC 5/05. Have tried RSlinx OPC and DASABCIP, but no luck.

I have it working with a 30day Matrikon license, but didn't really want to pay for that if I can get RSLinx or DAS to work.

Not sure, but I believe it is a problem with the 'Item Name' in the historian tag. Matrikon was very specific about how it had to be formatted.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
If you want to use DASABCIP the 5/05 needs to be at a specific firmware to support Ethernet/IP. You can use DASABTCP which supports the older CSP protocol. Search for topic on EIP and CSP here to get the firmware info.
If you want to use RSLinx and OPC you need the middleware app FSGateway and you have to buy the a version of RSLinx that will let you use OPC.

If you want to use DASABCIP the 5/05 needs to be at a specific firmware to support Ethernet/IP. You can use DASABTCP which supports the older CSP protocol. Search for topic on EIP and CSP here to get the firmware info.
If you want to use RSLinx and OPC you need the middleware app FSGateway and you have to buy the a version of RSLinx that will let you use OPC.
Thank you for the reply.

I did a fresh install of RSLinx and its working fine now. Not sure what was up with that. I am looking for a copy of DASABTCP to run also.

Thank you,