Logix Remote Run IO Fault

alexbeatle

Hello,

Has anyone experienced the following:
Putting PLC (CompactLogix) in the Run mode works fine, but switching then the key to REM throws an IO fault. The fault can be reset through PLC and then can put in the PLC in RemRun and the system runs.

IO Major/Minor revs of match and set to Compatible mode.

Thank you.

Maybe you have the I/O box checked in the minor fault tab of your controller properties? I'm assuming you are not getting a major fault and the PLC is completely stopping. See attached picture.

Capture (7).PNG

Maybe you have the I/O box checked in the minor fault tab of your controller properties? I'm assuming you are not getting a major fault and the PLC is completely stopping. See attached picture.

Unfortunately, it is the major fault that I am getting, and it does stop the controller. I can however immediately reset it.

In every I/O module's configuration applet, there is a Connection tab (the second from the left) with a check box labeled "Major Fault On Controller If Connection Fails in Run Mode".

That's probably what is generating your Major Fault.

The underlying reason for the I/O connection failure will be determined by the status of the connection.

Sometimes it's a defective module, sometimes it's a bad configuration, sometimes it's a firmware bug.

Look at the I/O connection status and screenshot or describe it.

In every I/O module's configuration applet, there is a Connection tab (the second from the left) with a check box labeled "Major Fault On Controller If Connection Fails in Run Mode".

That's probably what is generating your Major Fault.

The underlying reason for the I/O connection failure will be determined by the status of the connection.

Sometimes it's a defective module, sometimes it's a bad configuration, sometimes it's a firmware bug.

Look at the I/O connection status and screenshot or describe it.

Somehow it stopped failing without changing anything. The faults in the logs are as per attached.

pic1.png pic2.png

That particular code (Type 3 Code 23) is very often caused by a loose or damaged 1769-ECR End Cap. Check yours carefully.

Otherwise, be sure to check your I/O connection status if you get another fault, and you can try to narrow down which modules (in the backplane or on the network) are the root cause.