recipe in Vijeo Designer

lesmar96

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello Friends,

I am looking into building a system using a HMISCU8A5 Schneider HMI/PLC controller. This plc will be controlling a servo drive.

This machine builds wire mesh & fencing. And positions the cross pieces at the correct places for it to weld. For example, if the fence needs to have 2x4 or 2x2 mesh, we need to stop the motor every two inches to place another cross member. But this machine needs to be very, very flexible because alot of the mesh is custom designed. For example, it may be 5 cross pieces spaced every 2", then one at 1", then 5 at 2" etc.

Now from reading the Vijeo Designer manual, it looks like each recipe has to be setup in the software and then simply selected from the HMI by the user. Is that correct or not?

I really need it so the customer can create, edit, and delete as many recipes as he needs at any given time. If this can be done via an Excel or CSV on an SD card or network location that would be fine. But since neither I nor the customer really has no idea what all recipes he may need in the future, he needs the capability to create and delete as necessary.

I would appreciate your advice on this. I am not required to us this HMI/PLC if there is a better one for such functions. I hope I am clear enough what this process is. I have not done recipes like this before. Thank you.

Anybody have any thoughts on this yet?? Is this something no one else has done?

The help file has a ton of material on the recipes. But it seems all you want to do is possible. I have not used recipes but use vijeo designer a lot.
Attached is some of the extract from the help

recipe1.JPG recipe2.JPG