Siemens Scalance S602 NAT

Jeroen Benoot

Hi all,

I'm having an issue with the setup of the NAT function of a Siemens S602 Scalance.
I already have a working NAT functionality (see pic in attachment), but need another with a similar setup.
The current setup translates the IP address of the CPU (192.168.1.7) to an IP address of an external network (10.118.10.76).
The Scalance itself has IP address 10.118.10.77
This works fine, and in this way I can access the CPU from the company network with my laptop.

Now I want to make a communication form the CPU to an external wireless weighing scale, on the same company network.
I tried several settings, but it doesn't work.
The problem must be in the Scalance; I plugged the ethernet cable from the Scalance in my laptop, used the same IP address and settings, and then I am able to connect to the device.

The idea is that the IP address (10.115.48.29) of the Scale is translated to an IP address (192.168.1.29) in the range of the CPU so I can communicate with it.

Can anyone help me with this?

Regards,
Jeroen

Scalance.JPG

I am not incredibly familiar with the S602 and NAT but have played with it a bit in the past.

Did you setup a new destination NAT for the scale?

I tried all types of NAT's:
Destination, source, double and source + destination.
I think one of these should work, perhaps i made a configuration error somewhere

The problem must be in the Scalance; I plugged the ethernet cable from the Scalance in my laptop, used the same IP address and settings, and then I am able to connect to the device.
Your S7 CPU cannot connect to the scale, but if you connect the laptop instead of the S7 CPU with the same IP etc, the laptop can connect to the scale. That sounds as if the problem is in the S7 CPU.
Maybe try to set the S602's IP as gateway in the S7 CPU.

I did not test the connection from the CPU to the scale yet.
I connected my laptop in the same network as the CPU, and tried to connect to the scale.
That did not work, so I assume the problem is within the Scalance.

The gateway is already set in the CPU, but thanks for the tip.

The idea is that the IP address (10.115.48.29) of the Scale is translated to an IP address (192.168.1.29) in the range of the CPU so I can communicate with it.

Did you try pulling the external network cable from S602, plug it in your laptop with the same network IP settings and try to reach the scale? I'm just wondering that since the scale is in a separate network (10,115.48.xxx instead of 10.118.10.xxx), the problem is actually before the S602. Your other connection that is working is in the same network, so it could be a routing problem between networks outside the S602 too... unless you checked it.

Is there a gateway setting in the S602 that doesn't route directly to the scale, perhaps?