Rehosting Rslogix activation but activation not shown at FT activation manager

leonunez

I just want to transfer the licenses of my rslogix 500 and rslogix 5000 and rslinx classic to another pc. but when i looked at the factorytalk activation manager, not any activation is shown. how will i be able to rehost them.

I hope you can help me with this. Thanks guys

I just want to transfer the licenses of my rslogix 500 and rslogix 5000 and rslinx classic to another pc. but when i looked at the factorytalk activation manager, not any activation is shown. how will i be able to rehost them.

I hope you can help me with this. Thanks guys
Try HASP Dognle from Rockwell.

What i mean is, I already have licenses for those softwares currently running on my laptop, but I want to reformat my laptop so I have to rehost them so I can reactivate them after reformatting. But when i looked at the factorytalk activation manager, not any activation is shown. how will i be able to rehost them.

Ok, so you have licenses for the software. Do these programs still run correctly on the laptop?

If they do, then you do have the activations on the laptop.
Check in which directory they are located and check to see if the activation manager is still looking at the same location.

Are you sure you even have FT Activation or the old method? Also, it's possible to have your computer just be a client of the license server.

Show us a screenshot of the FT Act Manager page.

If your original license used a master disk and you are now using FT Activation Manager. Then contact Activation Support and they will transfer your license number to an Activation File. I did this the other week and they emailed me a product sheet with my Serial Number and a New Product Key Code. I Had to wait 1 hour after recieving Email to allow system update. Then I just went thru normal activation for a new product. Use FT Manager to create Host ID and XML file go to website load file and entered serial number and product key code and I was done.

PS. I did the request using the Chat feature. Requires log in.
do not rehost your activations until this is done because it will remove you current activation files.

Last edited:
Ok, so you have licenses for the software. Do these programs still run correctly on the laptop?

If they do, then you do have the activations on the laptop.
Check in which directory they are located and check to see if the activation manager is still looking at the same location.

I'm pretty sure that these programs are licensed since I've been using/running it properly for the last 2 years. FTA manager is looking at the path where I have this ftasystem.lic file. I'm not sure though if that's the activation file.

Are you sure you even have FT Activation or the old method? Also, it's possible to have your computer just be a client of the license server.

Show us a screenshot of the FT Act Manager page.

Based on the attached FTA manager screenshot, I have no activation. But I've been using these softwares without problem so I can assume that it's activated/licensed.

About the old method, I have no idea. I haven't use it.

I think this is not just a client because I can use these softwares anywhere without communicating to any server.

ftamngr.jpg

If your original license used a master disk and you are now using FT Activation Manager. Then contact Activation Support and they will transfer your license number to an Activation File. I did this the other week and they emailed me a product sheet with my Serial Number and a New Product Key Code. I Had to wait 1 hour after recieving Email to allow system update. Then I just went thru normal activation for a new product. Use FT Manager to create Host ID and XML file go to website load file and entered serial number and product key code and I was done.

PS. I did the request using the Chat feature. Requires log in.
do not rehost your activations until this is done because it will remove you current activation files.

This is interesting. So this is possible. Can you give me more info about this. Thanks.

You are right - your screen shot does not show any activations.
The file names should start with "HOSTDISK_SERIAL_NUM=......" and when you open the file with notepad, the VENDOR_STRING has the serial number and also the product name.

When you open the software package and go to <Help>, <about RSLogix> it should display the version and the licence serial number

You are right - your screen shot does not show any activations.
The file names should start with "HOSTDISK_SERIAL_NUM=......" and when you open the file with notepad, the VENDOR_STRING has the serial number and also the product name.

When you open the software package and go to <Help>, <about RSLogix> it should display the version and the licence serial number

Yes you're right. The version, licensed to, serial number, activation drive and product prefix are all displayed in Help-About.

The FILE that you are talking about, is that the .LIC file found in the activation path?

Here's the content of the .LIC file:

(# Rockwell Automation License File
# Copyright (C) 2003-2010 All Rights Reserved

SERVER this_host ANY
USE_SERVER
VENDOR flexsvr
INCREMENT fta.system flexsvr 1.00 permanent 1 VENDOR_STRING=1 \
vendor_info="PRODUCT_NAME:FTA System Placeholder" SN=1 \
SIGN="00FB D8C8 C8F8 49F2 480A E303 5567 E100 A110 03FF 3224 \
F038 B859 C955 5900")

Going by what is shown you have no license that are Factory Talk, so more likely that you have the EV Move version. Go to your program files/rockwell software/utilites/move activation/ should show "C drive" and give another drive to send activation to (i.e USB or hard drive/ then press OK. This will start the "Move" to look for activations, and will not cause you to loss anything. It will then display any license and you can then move them or Cancel and nothing would have changed.

Going by what is shown you have no license that are Factory Talk, so more likely that you have the EV Move version. Go to your program files/rockwell software/utilites/move activation/ should show "C drive" and give another drive to send activation to (i.e USB or hard drive/ then press OK. This will start the "Move" to look for activations, and will not cause you to loss anything. It will then display any license and you can then move them or Cancel and nothing would have changed.

So It's safe to say that I should MOVE the activation from C: to other drive before reformatting my laptop. Then, MOVE the activation from the drive to C: again?

Is that the proper procedure?

yes move before format,
duckman is correct in that your .Lic file is an older Emove but you must have a drive connected to move file to before they will show up. The older Activation files will work on versions upto 19. Ver.20 and higher will require you to use FT Activation Manager. Also to move activation to a jump drive requires Evmovecf. It was free download see Attachment.

If you go to Rockwell website under Support you will see a link for Get Support Now. Click that, when page opens there will be a tab labeled Live Chat. You can upgrade your older License file by request if you qualify for Upgrade.

Did you see the all licenses (logix 500/5000/linx) under "Move activation" in "C" drive when attempted to look for licenses?