Strip floating point number apart for compare

Better to add 0.499999 (5 9s for SLC and 6 for PLC5) to it then convert to Integer. That will force the SLC to round it up or down properly. Then subtract that from the original floating point number.
Used to do this all the time for calculating the day of the week based on the Julian date.

Better to add 0.499999 (5 9s for SLC and 6 for PLC5) to it then convert to Integer. That will force the SLC to round it up or down properly. Then subtract that from the original floating point number.
Used to do this all the time for calculating the day of the week based on the Julian date.

May i ask where you ca me up with this? I mean how did you com up with adding 5 9s or 6 9s to it?

Would just like to understand the mechanics behind it?

May i ask where you ca me up with this? I mean how did you com up with adding 5 9s or 6 9s to it?

Would just like to understand the mechanics behind it?

Just trial and error over the years as we progressed from PLC5 to SLC 500. Of course Logix 5000 has new code and a proper clock so that type of codes not needed anymore. But there is a slight difference between PLC 5 and SLC when converting from floating point to integer.