Setting up PC Station using Siemens CP5511

Rusty_K

Hello,
I've set up a PC Station on my laptop using Step7 ver 5.2 and Simatic Net V6.2 CD11/2003 on a Windows 2000 Professional SP4 platform. I initially had loads of problems getting my CP5511 card to work (VXD/DLL errors) with an older version of Simatic Net until I upgraded to Simatic Net V6.2 CD11/2003 (I have a similar set up working fine on 2 other computers except they were using CP5613 cards, the older version of Simatic Net : ver 6.0 SP4, Win 2000 Pro & Adv. Server, both with SP3). I was then able to successfully configure my laptop as a PC station on our profibus network and can see all the Bus Nodes in the Configuration Console, which I was unable to do previously. On my OPC server I have several (about 26) S7 connections. I now find that some of them work (about 8 at a time ) and some of them do not. I initially thought it might have been a configuration problem but it's highly unlikely since all I did was copy, paste and rename one of the currently running PC stations in NetPro. Furthermore, the S7 connections which work/fail change every time I disconnect, remove and reconnect my CP5511 card. I'm really at a loss for the moment. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers

netpro2.jpg

Last edited: