Nodes not found in RS-Linx

godfrey

I have 4 nodes on a DH+ network. Occasionally, when I view WHOs active, I see in addition to my 4 nodes, a whole screen of nodes which are covered with a red X. I think there is a way of limiting the number of nodes which can be browsed but I can't find mention of it in Help or manuals. Anybody know? I'm using Linx v2.2.

Drivers

godfrey,

Do you have any other drivers running in linx besides your DH+ driver? Maybe a driver for RSLogix 5, RSLogix 500, Devicenet. Sometimes when I use a laptop from another electrician who has different equipment then mine, I see his PLC's listed with red X's when I do a who's active to get online with my equipment. What type of node's are they, PLC's, Drives?

Zetor

Just do a right-mouse click & select remove

An in-active node will go away, an active node will pop back up again

After more digging, I found out how to limit the number of nodes to be browsed. I right clicked on the DH+ network, clicked on properties and there was the dialog box to do it. I also found that there were no terminating resistors on the ends of the network. You really have to keep after those co-op students. After adding them, the extra nodes stopped appearing.