Siemens S7 ethernet protocol

fzhang

Hi, everyone,

I have a Siemens S7-300 plc (cpu 314), it has a CP 343-1 module installed. Now I need to program my own windows based application (using Visual Basic or Visual C++) to exchange data with the S7 plc via TCP/IP. In order to do that, I think I need to know how the Siemens S7 ethernet protocol works, but I couldn't find the s7 protocol specification anywhere. Is there anybody who knows Siemens s7 TCP/IP protocol or has a s7 plc TCP/IP communication sample code ? Please help.

Thank you very much.

If you look in the files area there are some VB samples using native TCP. This worked well for me. In my situation I sent several data words repeatedly using the send command over a UDP connection to a C++ app and recieved command information from the app using the passive write mode.

It would also help to look through this info from Siemens.

Start with the Primer found here (NCP Primer) and then look at this (NCP Manual) that also gives sources for more information on page 8.

Enjoy

Hi, DesertDog,

Thanks for the useful information.

Regarding the VB sample code for using native TCP port, could you give me more details on how to find them?

Thanks.