RSlogix 5000 version 15 available for download

Contr_Conn

Wait is over: RSlogix 5000 version 15 available for download from the www.ab.com

The best feature I found so far is ability to add I/O online:
- 1756 I/O only in:
- Local rack
- Remote rack connected via Ethernet
- Remote rack connected via Controlnet

Unfortunately it does not let me download it, even though we have an up to date system integrator subscription. I can download the older professional versions but not the V15 webrelease. :(

Darren

dash said:
Unfortunately it does not let me download it, even though we have an up to date system integrator subscription. I can download the older professional versions but not the V15 webrelease. :(

Looks like they having problem with download and pulled package, I guess. I don't see anymore o_O

Last edited:
If you have signed up for My Support the link advising you of new software updates does still contain the link to the download even though it appears to be off the main page. Downloading right now!

OG

I downloaded and checked a few of my favorite features, to see that they haven't changed too much. So far so good.

Has anyone noticed anything broken by this new release? Is there anything you could do before that doesn't work the same?

I have an opportunity to switch to V15 but I need to be sure it will work as well as V13.

AK

Is there anything you could do before that doesn't work the same?

Yeah, when you create an array the first dimension is now in the left-hand box not the right!!:confused: I'd love to know why that one was changed!

The "add module" dialogue is different and probably easier for newcomers, browsing tags also has a new dialogue which I think is easier to use. All the things that I've become used to still seem to be there. I think that the non-ladder editors (especially ST and SFC) still need a lot of work to make them as polished as the RLL but overall it's pretty slick.

Incidently, the ability to add I/O online on which I'd poured so much scorn has already got me out of a hole!:oops: Guess they do know what they're doing after all!

NOP said:
Incidently, the ability to add I/O online on which I'd poured so much scorn has already got me out of a hole!:oops: Guess they do know what they're doing after all!
I'm going to try and budget some play time on Monday. I want to see if I can edit UDTs and add subroutines while online now.

AK

akreel,

No you cannot edit existing UDT's online, but what you can do is create a new one (or a copy of an existing one that you can edit), and then create new tags of that type.

It still isn't the whole enchilda, but it's half way there.

Bear in mind that I am not aware of any other PLC out there that currently allows unlimited online editing of exisitng UDT type structures. If you think about it there are huge potential issues to oevercome for this kind of thing to work flawlessly.

I like 15 so far, but I am more and more getting angry at the inability of Logix5000 to print out the hardware list.

Logix 5k should be able to generate half of my BOM for me, as I have to configure almost every module, but it won't print them out.

Somewhere, somehow I heard that Integrated Architecture Builder (IAB) is gaining more "connectivity" with the Logix packages. I've no idea what it would entail, or when it might appear but it would answer you requirements and more.

If this is the case then it would explain why all the development in RSLogix5000 is focussed on control features and less so on reporting.