Date format in RsLOGIX 500??? :-(

nesppi

Hi everybody!!!

I have a problem with the date data... I have a SLC500 /3 which has to start a system with 6 motors. The motors can be started manually or automatically to a certain hour of the day (H1). This hour is passed through a PanelView (300 Micro) and the system (in automatic mode) is working for a time (T1) which is also specified through the PanelView...

My question is.. If I take the data from the PanelView in a string format.. I can use an "EQU" with the data of the PLC (in the files s40 + s41)to compare the current hour with the hour passed by the PanelView (h1).. but how can I compare that the current hour is in the interval of the hour passed by the PanelView plus the range (current hour <=H1+T1)?

thanks a lot in advance

Greetings

Nespi

use integer in the panelview to receive the start hour and duration(use teo integer files for start & duration) & make compare with S:* to do Control

Thanks for you answer.. but i don´t understand the last sentence:

make compare with S:* to do Control ??? what do you mean?
thanks a lot

Perhaps I don't understand the question, but why are you passing the data from the PanelView in a string?

You may also wish to synchronize the time in the PLC with the PanelView's time. In PanelBuilder, under Application Settings, select status tags and enter the appropriate tags there.

Somehow, I don't think I answered your question. Can you rephrase it?

Agarb, you are right.. I have to synchronize the time.

The problem is that the operator has to select the hour to start the system automatically. Then they have to write. I have used "cursor point" and then I had passed this text to the PLC, to avoid putting two different dialog texts with the operator (one for the hour and one for the minutes). If I put these two dialog texts then I will pass with integers directly to the PLC. Then I can compare.

But, is it posible to use Status Tags for this goal?

Have you understand my question now?

Thanks a lot for the help

Greetings
Nespi

What you have to do is to compare what your operator have chosen on the panel view with the S:XX file you desire.

For instance if you want to start motors at 6:00:03 AM what you have to do is write 6 to N12:0, 0 to N12:1 and 3 to N12:2 on the panelview, then you compare N12:0 to S:40 , N12:1 to S:41 and N12:2 to S:42 when they coincide you set a bit and this bit is going to start the motors. If you want to doit with month, day and year do the same but change the S number.
Hope this will help

william

Thanks for the answer... Actually I am doing what you have explained.. My problem appears because the system is working for a time, for example, 90 minutes. Then I have to compare the current hour with the hour set by the operator + this time (90 minutes)... any idea?
thanks a lot

Thanks for the answer... Actually I am doing what you have explained.. My problem appears because the system is working for a time, for example, 90 minutes. Then I have to compare the current hour with the hour set by the operator + this time (90 minutes)... any idea?
thanks a lot

Here:s an example using just hours and minutes. (Remember to enter the hours as 24 hour time (0-23)). Using widetol's assignments:

1. (N12:0 * 60) + N12:1 -> N12:5 single number representing operator's Hour/minute input

2. N12:5 + 90 -> N12:6 single number representing operator's hour/minute input plus 90 minutes

3. (S:40 * 60) + S:41 -> N12:7 single number representing PLC time

4. (GEQ N17:7 N12:5) AND (LES N12:7 N12:6) then turn on output.

Thanks!
I have thought this other way:
1--> (EQU S:40 N7:30) y (EQU S:41 N7:32 ) OTL B3:2/15 (I activate an internal mark when the time is equal)
2 --> XIC B3:2/15 TON T4:41 1.0 0 0 (timer with TT on during the time (for example 90), that is, the preset of the counter is set by the value written by the operator)

3 --> XIC T4:41/DN OTU B3:2/15 (when the timer finishes the counter then the internal mark is reset. The internal mark is used to move the motor)

What do you think of this method?

thank you very much
Regards,

With your method, if the PLC were somehow turned on after the time period started it would either not turn on at all (If the SET of B3:2/15 did not last through a power up) or time for longer than it should.