how to assign the specific run application in panel view plus 100

abbccc1005

I have a question about panel view plus 100
everytime I download the HMI(.mer) (use different name)to the PV plus 100,the PV PLUS 100 will have many application in the load application list,
my question is why every time I load some specific application
and run it,and when I power off and start-up , the
PV PLUS 100 will auto load the last application in the list but not the specific application I load before,can I assign one specific application from the load application list,and make sure everytime start-up the PV plus 100 will run the correct application?
pls give me some suggestion,thanks!!

the PV PLUS 100 will auto load the last application in the list but not the specific application I load before,can I assign one specific application from the load application list,and make sure everytime start-up the PV plus 100 will run the correct application?
pls give me some suggestion,thanks!!

Welcome to the Forum!

What I do is make sure all applications including revisions are backed up on the hard drive of my development PC, then erase all the applications from the internal memory except the most current one, or whichever one you want to run at start-up.

I don't know if there's a way to select an "auto-load" feature like you describe, though. But I can't envision a scenario where you would need that unless you had a process where the operation called for different apps to run at different times, but if that were the case, it would require the operator or technician to get into the config screen on a regular basis, which I can't imagine would be desirable.

Anyway, hope this is helpful to you.

Cheers,
Dustin

P.s. I assume you meant "PV Plus 1000", not 100?

Dear Dustin,
thanks for your reply!!
first, I should admit that your are right ,I mean PV PLUS 1000,not 100,
and in my case ,I have a HMI application for the old version PLC program in one machine,and now I want enhance one new PLC program,and need modify the HMI application for the new version PLC program,
so I create a new HMI application,but sometimes this machine need run in old version,so I just think if I can keep this two application in PV PLUS 1000 will more convenience!!
And I think since the PV PLUS 1000 can save serial application, I think it should have function to config which application should be load when everytime the PV PLUS 1000 power-up if there not have only one application in the PV PLUS 1000!

Old thread alert!

I have the same issue on an App version F/W 6 PV+700 (w/keypad).
I load a new application, do all the right things, but when I remove power from the terminal it reverts back to the previous application! The only way I can get it to work is to copy the previous application onto USB, then delete the previous application out of the terminal, run the new application, power cycle, then copy the old application back into the screen (easy roll back for the techs). After that it will allow both the previous and new applciations to reside on the terminal but will only load the new application on statup.

Is it me? This doesn't sound right?

What are 'all the right things' ?

In my opinion, all you should have to do is select the application you want to run, and select to go into Runtime at startup. When you cycle power, whatever *.MER file was pointed to by the [F1] Load Application should be what runs.

But it doesn't work that way. There is some combination of configuration screens you have to visit in the correct order to make this happen. Even the old method I used of 'run once, then do a Shutdown Application' doesn't seem to work on every terminal I try.

What I have found is that when I use the Transfer Utility and check the 'Run Application at Startup' box, the ensuing terminal reset cycle does the correct settings so that the application I've just loaded always runs on power cycle.

I don't have the patience to run through a bunch of power cycles and variations on the configuration menus and firmware revisions to figure out another way.

Hi Ken, this is my procedure.

1) copy runtime file from usb to panelview internal storage
2) from the application configuration screen select 'load' the new application i copied in step 1
3) go into start up settings and ensure run loaded application at start up is selected. Optional settings of replacing terminal comms is on a case by case basis
4) run the application
5) once the application is running i cycle power to the terminal.
6) when the terminal reboots the old application reloads :(

I thought this would be an acceptable procedure?

The step I added would be between 4 and 5: once the application is running, shut down the application and return to the Configuration screens.

But even those steps didn't seem to work on some PanelView Plus terminals, and I lost patience trying to replicate what steps and what sequence always worked correctly. I know, science is drudgery.

So I stuck with the steps that always worked, which is the Download accompanied by Restart.

So I stuck with the steps that always worked, which is the Download accompanied by Restart.

Shame, but thanks for letting me (us) know that I am not the only one that has failed to find the exact sequence required.

Laptop out to the screen from now on!