FactoryTalk View Studio 6.1 SE Network Project, Display Component not Found Issue

tatsumasa

Recently I started working with Factory View SE to make a network project to get a feel for what was possible in the studio. However, every time I make a graphics display, close it, and try to reopen, FactoryTalk reports that the component cannot be found. The names of the files do not contain any spaces or special characters, and they work fine in a regular SE client application. What could be causing this issue?

To make matters worse, I can't even find where any information for the SE network projects are being saved. I have a FactoryTalk directory set up on the local machine for development, but it is no where to be found in it (C:\Users\Public\Documents\RSView Enterprise\SE on Win7, the SE client projects are in here, however). I have tried searching the whole machine for the project directory, but have yet to find it, perhaps part of this problem. Where would it potentially be saving this stuff?

Thanks for input.

After trying to reconfigure the IIS features installed to match what Rockwell suggests (mind you, these features were different in at least 3 different documents, surprise, surprise), I got fed up and temporarily turned on all the Windows 7 IIS features. I repaired the installation of FT View and it looks like it is all working correctly and saving things in the right place now.

Thanks for suggestion to investigate IIS server installation.