Multistate Indicating Pushbutton

EXOxAL13N

Factorytalk ME Edition.

what i'm trying to do is have a single button that opens and closes a valve manually. When the valve is opening I want the button to show that its opening and vise-versa when closing.

so far what I've come up with but not sure how correct it is because I am new and self taught...

if [Valve_Closed_Status] =0 and [Valve_Close_Output] then 0 else if
[Valve_Opened_Status] =0 and [Valve_Open_Output] then 1 else if
[Valve_Open_Output] and [Valve_Opened_Status] then 2 else if
[Valve_Close_Output] and [Valve_Closed_Status] then 3 else 4

0-Closing status indicator
1-Openeing status indicator
2-close function (toggles bit to 0)
3-open function (toggles bit to 1)
4-error msg

unsure how to write a tag as "false" other than "=0"

what type of vale is it and do you get any type of feedback for position from it.
I use a motorized valve that takes 3 seconds to fully open and gives a limit imput on closed and open.

First to use one push button you need a flip flop coil. I called mine FLIP VALVE POSITION. Where 1=OPENING and 0=CLOSING.

VALVE_FLIPFLOP.PNG

Instead of =0 use NOT

The expression was this:

IF NOT {[PLC]VALVE_FLIP_POS} AND {[PLC]VALVE_CLOSE_LS} THEN 0 ELSE
IF {[PLC]VALVE_FLIP_POS} AND {[PLC]VALVE_OPEN_LS} THEN 1 ELSE
IF NOT {[PLC]FLIP_POS} AND NOT {[PLC]VALVE_CLOSE_LS} THEN 2 ELSE
IF {[PLC]FLIP_POS} AND NOT {[PLC]VALVE_OPEN_LS} THEN 3 ELSE 4

0=VALVE CLOSED
1=VALVE OPEN
2=VALVE CLOSING
3=VALVE OPENING
4=ERROR

So the expression reads like this.

If my flip position coil is not true and my valve closed limit switch is true then show VALVE CLOSED else
If my flip position coil is true and my valve open limit switch is true then show VALVE OPEN else
If my flip position coil is not true and my valve closed limit switch is not true then show VALVE CLOSING else
If my flip position coil is true and my valve open limit switch is not true then show VALVE OPENING else ERROR

Then just place a multistate indicator on top of your momentary push button to display each state.