(Beckhoff) Twincat library comparison

WaldoP!

Hi

I'm still in a fairly new stage in Beckhoff. I've been developing a system and I'm having a slight issue where a library has been created for a specific program and now i need to alter the code a bit. the main problem is that there are several different Library files on the server for that development as this was a custom driver library for a serial line com(but i don't need to do anything on that side of the code) . I'm thinking of taking the one with the date closest to the commission time of the project.

is there a possibility i can get onto the system and do my changes without going through a sad process of playing library roulette and trying to see which one it is... also can I look on the C drive maybe for it to see the size of the library and then try to compare the ones that's on the company server(which are about 1kB difference on some) . FYI the is Panel PC (windows 7 CE embedded)

thanks

Such issues is why there are tools for "version management". In TwinCAT 2, I recall that Beckhoff has tools, usually termed "engineering ...". In TwinCAT 3, I recall they leverage tools in Visual Studio. I have never used since I have always been an individual developer and manage development files on my own.

hi Rocket

thanks for the info, i'm taking a look at it now.

One of the main issues was that I was not involved in the initial script that's being used and developed (thus making it slightly bothersome) and just before my time the company. but it is changes that needs to happen to existing code in the field. and the script that I'm writing now is not even remotely the same on most instances.

thanks for the help on this. I really appreciate it.