Wonderware DA-SIDirect IO Server Problems

kemppioy

Hello,

I have a Siemens 315-PN/DP PLC which is connected through a switch to my PC that has XP service pack 2 installed and Wonderware Intouch 9.5. I installed the Wonderware DA-SiDirect IO server on my laptop and it connected to the PLC with no problems. On that PC when I go into the Wonderware System Management Console and look under DAServer in the DAServer Manager tree, I see my PC as a local node and up under it the ArchestrA.DASSIDirect.1 node. Under the ArchestrA.DASSIDirect.1 node I have the Siemens PLC. That system works fine.

I installed the same DAServer on another PC with the same XP service pack 2 operating system and same version of Intouch 9.5. This one does not work. On that PC when I go into the Wonderware System Management Console and look under DAServer in the DAServer Manager tree, I do not see any local nodes or ArchestrA.DASSIDirect.1 node. Even if I create a node, I do not have an option to configure the new SIDirect DAServer because if i right click on the node there is not anything that says "Add PortCpS7 object".

The only other difference in the PC's is that the laptop has Industrial SqlServer installed. Has anyone got a clue on why the PortCpS7 object does not show up? I tried reinstalling the DAserver several times.

I posted this on the Wonderware site as well but thought some of you Wonderware users might have seen this.

Thanks for your help!

Paul

Last edited:
Paul,

I've seen this problem. A couple of points to check:

1. You need to have administrator rights on the PC.

2. You need to have created a local Archestra Network Account on the PC (Wonderware - Common - Change Network Account)

Kevin