Factory Talk Security Set-up for beginners

dowthebow

Hi,
I'm hoping to secure a network of PLC's (Compactlogix 5000, Various versions, V24 to V29), only accessible to myself and a few sub-contractors.
How do I go about this??
Currently when I go into controller properties and onto Security tab, all the options are greyed out. What's the story there?
Do I need extra software to implement this?
I'm starting from scratch with Factory talk security so any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Update:
I'm as far as Logging into Factory Talk,
Setting up my PC in the Admin Console, as Admin
Successfully setting Factory Talk Security on PLC

I can now open the logic on my PC only

Where does the logical name come into play?
How do I add other users to the Network?
How do they then set up from their end?
Thanks!!