Schneider Magelis HMI - sending a email - email settings

Riaan_bloem

Hi there.
Need some help with this please. I have a HMI, its connected to the interweb as Mr Clarkson will call it. I have a input that will trigger a email, that part works.
However, the gmail or other email accounts has some issue that blocks the email.
I have set my google account for the less secure apps. Tried Port 24/25/465/587 and smtp.gmail.com as well as smtp.office365.com.

Any suggestions will be welcomed.

tx

Hi there.
Need some help with this please. I have a HMI, its connected to the interweb as Mr Clarkson will call it. I have a input that will trigger a email, that part works.
However, the gmail or other email accounts has some issue that blocks the email.
I have set my google account for the less secure apps. Tried Port 24/25/465/587 and smtp.gmail.com as well as smtp.office365.com.

Any suggestions will be welcomed.

tx

I have same issue with my SCADA that use Gmail to send from PC. It have block because they detect that I use different IP location from usual. To fix it you need to use your HMI network to create new Gmail account for send by HMI

Gmail uses TLS encryption so this has to be enabled also. If your device does not have that feature then you will not be able to Gmail with authentication!