String Moves

cashd115

I am trying to track run time of different pump numbers that i store in a string. Once a new pump is in i want to move that string down into another string. The pump numbers are alphanumerical (ex P22) I am displaying the history of ten pumps on the HMI. How can i move a string into another string in a micrologix 1200 c. or is there a better way to do this? :mad:

Welcome to the Forum!

My question would be why use a string to display a number? If it were me, I would assign a separate INT for the run hours of each pump. Then when a new pump comes online, display the hours associated with that pump. Or use a separate numeric display for each pump.

Bubba.

i guess i did not explain that well....... i need to index these values because i have over 40 pumps and only tracking ten at a time ex

P22
P34
P17
P56

i need to index all of these (up to 10 strings) to the next string while moving a 0 into the first position i tried cop

Use a shift instruction or do it longhand
i.e.
on shift pulse

move n+9
into n+10
Move n+8
into N+9
move n+7
into N+8
and so on
then move 0
into n (or Next Pump number)

I would not use a string at all, just an INT of the pump number.

Every instance of a pump display will begin with a "P", so just make the HMI display a "P" in front of a non-zero number.

Create another 10 long string array, let's say tempstring. I'll call your first array pumps. Enter using the variable table a '0' into tempstring[0]

Then COP pumps[0] tempstring[1] 9. This is copying the top nine entries into tempstring but one entry down. It leaves the '0' in tempstring[0]

Then COP tempstring[0] pumps[0] 10. This copies all of the tempstring array back to pumps.

Last edited:
I would not use a string at all, just an INT of the pump number.

Every instance of a pump display will begin with a "P", so just make the HMI display a "P" in front of a non-zero number.

+1 to this, if P is always present just ignore it and use the numbers. Much easier, use the HMI to insert the P