GE Fanuc 90/30 PLC Adressing

giovani

In a GE Fanuc 90/30 PLC what's the relation between physical adress and memory adress?
If I have a IC693311 embedded CPU with a discrete combination I/O module with 8 inputs and 8 outputs how can I know which memory adresses correspond to these inputs and outputs ?

The easiest way to figure out what the addresses for the I/O cards are is to go into the Hardware Configuration and see what they are set to use. Usually it says something like Reference address, this is the starting address of the card. So if you have an 8 input card with %I1 as the Ref Address the Input Address are %I1-%I8. The same goes for outputs.

Greg is absolutely correct. GE Fanuc addresses are not established by the physical location of the modules. The user is free to assign any I/O address within the allowable range to any module. This is done by creating a configuration file which is downloaded to the PLC along with the ladder logic.

In the absence of a configuration file, the PLC will assign default addresses based on physical location. In your case, the first slot to the right of the power supply would have input address %I1 - %I32 or output address %Q1 - %Q32, depending on whether an input or an output module was installed. However, I don't believe that the CPU311 will auto-configure a mixed I/O module, so you must create a configuration file in order to use it.