can i use SOPDT system parameter idetification in position control with a servo motor

hi guys
i saw a good topics here in the forum talking about advanced control thanks to peter and pandiani many thanks to them for their time and effort
i have a question which is arising quite often, i'am trying to learn how to construt mathimatical models and simulating especially when dealing PID tuning parameter ,in the past , i was neglecting the effect of the dead time variation and made it constant ,but after that i knew dead time may kill the porcess

my questin is how to tune a position controller with a servo motor using SOPDT
by the way i try euler method for numirical solution for my SOPDT and the results is bad

No, position control is a type 1 or integrating system whereas temperature control is not.

However, if you differentiate the positions so you are doing the identification on velocities or type 0 system then you may get away with it. Usually SOPDT are slower temperature systems and a motor has much faster time constants.

Last edited: