Micro850 & CCW

Still not working! Here is how I have everything connected currently: My TC is connected to the signal conditioner (SC) Pro Sense XTD 0500F-J, Red wire of TC connected to pin 6 (+) and White wire connected to pin 4 (-). +24VDC connected to + Terminal as well as the White wire of a type J TC wire, and 0VDC to - terminal as well as the Red wire of same type J TC wire. Then I have the TC wire connecting to my Micro850 PLC IRT4 Analog Module, White connected to Ch0L terminal, and Red wire connected to CH0- terminal. As this is not working, I know I do not have the proper connections between the SC and the Analog Module, and this is where very much need to know how to connect to this specific Analog Module please. Thanks!!!

Here is the next failed attempt that I just tried: +24VDC to the "+" terminal of the SC, White wire of type J TC wire to the "-" terminal of SC, Red wire of type J TC wire to 0VDC (wire nut connection for now). On the IRT4 Analog Module: White wire to CH0L terminal, Red Wire to CH0- terminal. These connections also did not work.

You can't use the thermocouple input module, you need a analog input 0-20 or 4-20mA module

Ok if I use the 2085-IF4, 4 channel Analog Module, then how will I connect the SC to this module? Will I just use regular wire to make the connections, not thermocouple wire? So my connections would then be +24VDC on the "+" terminal of the SC, connect a wire to the "-" terminal of the SC and run it to the CI-0 terminal of the Analog module. Then connect 0VDC to the Com0 terminal???

Ok if I use the 2085-IF4, 4 channel Analog Module, then how will I connect the SC to this module? Will I just use regular wire to make the connections, not thermocouple wire? So my connections would then be +24VDC on the "+" terminal of the SC, connect a wire to the "-" terminal of the SC and run it to the CI-0 terminal of the Analog module. Then connect 0VDC to the Com0 terminal???

Yes, that is how I think it should be. The SC act as a normal 2 wire mA current transmitter.

And ofcourse your Thermocouple to the other side of the SC

OK, well now I just need to get that Analog Module....To be continued until then! Thanks rQx for all the info, very helpful and insightful!

Ok...and we are back!!! So I just received my analog module, and made the following connections between the SC and the Analog Input Module: +24VDC on the "+" Terminal of the SC, connected a wire to the "-" Terminal of the SC and the other end is connected to the CI-0 Terminal of the Analog Module, and 0VDC to the Com0 of the Analog Module.

After making all these connections and and assigning this new Analog Input Module to the PLC, I selected to Enable CH0 of the Analog Module with Engineering Units as the data format. Then transferred all this to the PLC, after going online with the PLC the data from the SC is showing as 6185. When I took a temp reading of the tank, which where my TC is located, the temp from the probe was 67 deg F. So now comes the next step(s) of scaling this value of 6185 to match my actual tank temp of 67 deg F.

As was previously posted here, there is a Scaler instruction for the Micro850. As such I do not know what values I need to assign to each of the items listed on the Scaler with the exception of the first Input which will be the actual Analog value from the SC. I do not know what I need to have for the Minimum or Maximum value inputs, or what values I need to have for the Outputs. I do know that my tank temp will never be higher than 300 deg F, the low side of the tank temp may vary due to outside temps. Meaning that when this machine does not have the heaters heating the tank, the tank temp will then be dependent on outside temps. Thus the colder outside it is, the cooler the tank temp will be, so I am not sure how cool the tank tamp will reach when not running but I suspect it will be cooler than 67 deg F.

So now I will need any and all assistance with scaling these values to display the correct tank temps please! Thanks

The 2085-IF4 is 14 bit resolution (so I believe the raw read would be 0-16383)

So if you are using a 4-20ma sensor the min input(of the scaler) would be (3276.75) and the max input(of the scaler) would be (16383.0)

I don't know what your sensor is (But for example if it is capable of reading 0-600 degrees F ) then the scaler output min would be 0 and the output max would be 600.

Make sure you take the raw read and convert to real as that is what the scaler input is looking for.

damica1: I initially tried using raw data as the data format, when I did my analog input was reading -21000 (roughly) so I did not think that was correct and changed the format back to engineering units.

CI-0 means you have it hooked up to the CURRENT input #0!

What input value are you reading?

Let's make sure we're talking about the same pieces of hardware, you are working with a Micro850 and the analog module 2085-IF4 is this correct?

Inputs.jpg

So What input are you reading?? The engineering Unit will be the 4-20ma read out.

So your scaler min input will be 4.00 and the max input will be 20.00 you still have to convert the IO_XI_00 value to a real number because it is a "Int"

As I said before the Output min will be the bottom scale of the sensor in Degree F or C and the output max will be the top scale of the sensor in Degree F or C

Last edited:
So here are the values (all converted to REAL) that I have set on the Scaler: Input (signal value) 6325, Input Min 4.0, Input Max 20.0, Output Min 0, Output Max 500. The Output value is 197750.0, seems like there is still some work needed for this to read Degrees F.

When you convert the 6325 to a real (What does it actually display? (6.325 - 63.25 - 632.5 - 6325.0)

Remember we are dealing with real numbers so do you have 0.0 as the output min and 500.0 as the output max?

My guess is the 6325 should actually be 6.325 which I would think would be the actual ma reading. (according to the scale 6.325 should be about 75 degrees F.