AB PowerFlex 525 + Ethernet

AgustinR

Hello to all,

I'm having trouble setting up a PF525 with RsLogix v20. The driver matches the proyect description and the network configuration seems to be ok (fixed IP using BootP Server).

Even though the driver tab doesn't seem to find any diferences with the connected one, every time I hit the driver tab it asks me to upload the new configuration.
On the module info tab I can't manage to get the "Configuration" status to be Ok.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

RSLogix5000v20 EDL.png

Do you have any data links set up in the drive profile?

I have encountered a similar issue when having data links set up in the general tab, but did not have the correct datalink parameters saved in the drive tab. This could also be caused by not having the same parameters set in the VFD.

This whole setup is very frustrating and confusing. Basically you need to have the exact parameters you want in the drive, upload those from the drive to the project, and make sure you datalink configuration matches those parameters. If any of those 3 locations is different you will have issues.

Thanks for your quick answer.

I do have "parameters via datalinks" as the connection type on the general tab. I couldn't find any reference to datalinks on the parameters table on the driver tab, nor could I find any way to change the connecion type on the general tab.

On the PF525 user manual I found that you can set a parameter about "datalinks In/Out" using the keypad. Are you refering to this special parameter?

datalinks.png

This is what I have on the change tab. I already clicked on "create database" and I have the corresponding tags on my project.
I can even stop the vfd using the "Stop" tag bit but I can't seem to start it from the tag list.

CHANGE.png

Are you sure the ratings and firmware revision are identical to the ones listed on the VFD placed sticker?

On the module info the driver states it's "matched". I believe that means the revisions are the same.

I was wondering what that "Alternative Start" means on the change tab, doing a quick search on the vfd manual doesn't show any coincidences.

Alternative Start is definitely pointing to another Start command issuer (most likely the LCD/HIM module if this is a brand new, off the shelf drive).
If you intend to control the VFD over the Ethernet network, your Output Data datalinks should point to "Network Start is Used" and "Network Reference is Used" settings.

Refer to :

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/520com-um001_-en-e.pdf

Starting at page 40 it is explained how to add a PF525-EENET to a Logix class control system.

Thank you very much! I found the parameter to modify this in the driver tab.

I'm testing this setup on friday, but I believe now it is going to work fine. I'll keep you posted so anyone having this same issue has the correct solution.