PanelView connection to Multistate button

realolman

In FactoryTalk ME I configured a PLC COmpact Logix In the RSLinx Communication setup to be called "checker" with a shortcut

It verifies that checker is assigned to the desired PLC on the tree.. I have runtime the same as the design time
At this point I have one multistate button on the MAIN screen and it also has a shutdown button

I want the button to be connected to the tag "solenoid_enabled" in the "checker"PLC program

In the connection tab of the multistate button, exactly what syntax do I use to make the connection

I have it as {checker:solenoid_enabled} , but that doesn't seem to work ... and I can't even read what it says for errors in the PanelViewPlus 600 screen... Initially, the button comes up with a question mark on it

I want to get one button going before I do anything that amounts to anything

a little help , please... thank you

Have you got the offline PLC program.

You can add a PLC file to the Enterprise shortcut area, where you will be able to browse directly to your PLC.

A lot of the structure depends where the tag is in your PLC.

I assume you are using RS Logix 5000, since you have a tag called solenoid_enable.

If you are using it as a controller tag it would look something like this : {[KP]Sterile_Air_Pressure}

Where KP is the shortcut setup in Enterprise, and Sterile_Air_Pressure is the tag.

If you were going to a program tag it would look like this :
{::[HPS_PLC]Program:MainProgram.AV0405.Man_Req}

Where HPS_PLC is the shortcut, MainProgram is the program it sits in and AV0405.Man_Req is the tag.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Mark

thank you very much I think my problem is a syntax one and what you have posted looks like it should solve that

It is controller tags

What do you mean by adding a file to the Enterprise shortcut area and browsing the PLC ... that sounds good

again thank you.