AB 1761-NET-ENI won't send email with dialup

tonycic

Hi all,
I have an ethernet network setup with a Mlogix 1500 controller and a 1761-net-eni module.I can download and upload programs to the controller with no problems. I am trying to set up the NET-ENI to send emails on conditions. The problem I am having is that the MSG instruction returns this error;
"remote host is not there, missing or shut down"(error hex 30) when I try to send the email string.(not a timeout error) Can you tell me what I am doing wrong? Here are my settings:

Ethernet network:
-computer address:192.168.000.001
-1761 NET-ENI address:192.168.0.10
-subnet mask of network:255.255.000.000
-subnet mask of NET-ENI:255.255.000.000
-Gateway of NET-ENI:192.168.000.001 (?)
-I use netzero dial-up which assigns a new IP address each time online.
-online EMail email server IP address:66.235.202.50 (not netzero)

Rslinx ethernet driver config shows;
192.168.000.001 = computer(rslinx)
192.168.000.010 = NET ENI

All other MSG instructions sent to ENI thru rslogix500 program for configuration works fine. It just won't find the online email server. I would appreciate any help you could give me.

Thanks,

That example was for contrologix. I tried the bootp way but there was no socket connection for the bootp server. Any other ideas?

I would get rid of the leading zeros in the IP addresses (and gateway, subnets, etc.).

I'm not shure that they're the problem here, but I know they can cause trouble.

After that, I'd start checking IP's (make shure the PLC is on the same subnet as the email server, etc.),

The NET-ENI Config utility doesn't allow entering octals without the leading zero's, but I can do it through rslogix program configuration. I know for sure that if you add the leading zeros when configuring the ethernet driver in rslinx it takes it as octal and not decimal.
When i ping the IP addresses of my setup i get a good response to all addresses, even the online server address that i am trying to send the email to.
When I issued the ipconfig/all command from the command dos window I could see the ip config for the netzero connection;
netzero ip address:67.150.235.35
subnet mask:255.255.255.255 (???)
default gateway:67.150.235.35

no matter what I try I get the same error;remote host not there(hex 30).

tonycic said:
The NET-ENI Config utility doesn't allow entering octals without the leading zero's, but I can do it through rslogix program configuration. I know for sure that if you add the leading zeros when configuring the ethernet driver in rslinx it takes it as octal and not decimal.
When i ping the IP addresses of my setup i get a good response to all addresses, even the online server address that i am trying to send the email to.
When I issued the ipconfig/all command from the command dos window I could see the ip config for the netzero connection;
netzero ip address:67.150.235.35
subnet mask:255.255.255.255 (???)
default gateway:67.150.235.35

no matter what I try I get the same error;remote host not there(hex 30).
For anyone interested, I downloaded a free shareware local server that solved the problem.
http://www.postcastserver.com/
I can now send out emails from this program on my ethernet pc directly to the recipients without going to the ISp's server, and the AB Net-ENI module works excellent with it. If anyone has questions you can send me a private email.

tonycic said:
For anyone interested, I downloaded a free shareware local server that solved the problem.
http://www.postcastserver.com/
I can now send out emails from this program on my ethernet pc directly to the recipients without going to the ISp's server, and the AB Net-ENI module works excellent with it. If anyone has questions you can send me a private email.

Thee who asks no questions either knows everything, or nothing.---Confucius