Profibus DP with time stamp

pido22

Hello,

I want to build application, which consists for example from:
PLC (Profibus master)
RTU (Profibus slave) with analog inputs

On the PLC I need to read analog data from the RTU with time stamp. I read something about standard profiles of PROFIBUS DP, and one of them is time stamp.
I don't have any experience with this task, I don't know if reading data with time stamp is a standard function of PROFIBUS DP and if I can do it with every HW (Master, slave) configuration.

For example can I do it with Siemens application ?

Similar Topics

Hi, I was noticing that Profibus connectors have 2 ports on them that can house 2 separate cables. Can I use 2 cables with Profibus signals...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am in possession of a WAGO PFC 200 750-8216 which I was successfully able to set up as a Modbus RTU Master to a slave device using...
Replies
Views
I am trying to implement a profibus network and am a newbie in the automation and communication industry. what are the components required for the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am using TIA Portal V18. I have imported a (v5.7) SIMATIC manager project via device proxy. I have created a HMI project (TP700) in TIA...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, I am new to the S7-300 and the whole Profibus communication. And I just wonder that can you connect a S7-300 module to a Beckhoff Bus...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom