RSLinx unrecognized device

hanachen

I try to link the new logix5561 with my desktop and find there is a yellow question mark before it. Then I download the EDS from rockwell website and use the EDS haedware installation tool to add the EDS file. But the yellow mark is still there. Then I upload the EDS(.GZ format) to the device, the mark disapears but the device disapears also.
When I check the Driver Diagnostics of the AB_ETHIP, the new device is in the active connections. I do not know how to display it or find it in RSlinx and RS5000.

are you sure you have the proper version of rslix for the device and firmware you are trying to connect to?

you can find a compatibility matrix on the rockwell website.

You need to be very specific when you are solving device identity issues. Each module has a specific EDS file that RSLinx Classic uses to identify it and determine what its functions are.

When you check the "Autobrowse" box, the 1756-ENBT EtherNet/IP module should appear first in the browse of the AB_ETHIP-1 driver, with a + sign next to it.

When you expand beyond the 1756-ENBT to the backplane by clicking the + sign, you will see the backplane. Modules in the backplane (including the 1756-L61 controller) will have icons showing their identities. A module that has an icon but it marked "1756 - module" does not have an EDS file registered.

Also be aware that the AB_ETHIP driver uses a broadcast packet to browse the network and some firewall and VPN software blocks these broadcasts or broadcast responses.

The AB_ETH driver allows you to enter the IP address in a list, which allows a direct TCP connection instead of a broadcast browse. Try that "Ethernet devices" driver instead of the EtherNet/IP driver if you have trouble with the AB_ETHIP browse.

GIT is correct that installing the current revision of RSLinx Classic Lite (2.56) should include all of the current EDS files, but if your problems are related to your IP network or firewall it won't help.