Step7 upload hardware then download question

HJTRBO

Hi all, just have a theory question here. Using step7 5.5.
I upload the hardware configuration from a dp or pn network that i do not have the original file for. (E.g a customers factory). Some of the slaves are third party (that i have no gsd file in my pg) so in the hardware configurator they are shown as dp norm.

If i was to preform a complete download (of the same system i uploaded in the above paragraph) at this point is it now a requirement that i obtain the gsd files for the "dp norm" slaves from the internet before download?

Hi

This happened to me last year and rather than take the chance I
Got the oem to do The change at big bucks but I felt t was safer as I did not know
The answer and still don't know but I would love to know the answer also

Donnchadh

HI

Thanks for that.
I did look at different manuals and even spoke to some other programmers but no one would say for sure. Thanks for your time and I do understand about manuals as I spend a lot of time reading them also but I just say the post and said well if anyone has the answer I would love to know.

Donnchadh