KEPWare to GE DCS

janner_10

Lifetime Supporting Member
We have a customer that wants to extract data from a GE Alspa 8000 DCS which has profibus on-board, into a CLX

The amount of data is > 2000 bytes, so this rules out the Pro-Soft PB Card and the usual suspects of gateways.

My thinking is KEPWare, with a Hilscher Universal Driver and associated PCI Card for the PC.

Is this on the right track?

Not your everyday question I admit, but I thought someone may have done something similar.

Assuming you can get KepWare to talk to the GE side, you can then use Advanced Tag option to link it to a CLX Unsolicited driver. I have done this before just to test something out. The AB Unsolicited driver is a bit of pain, if I remember correctly as it limit what you can name the tags. Basically it simulate a contrologix data table.

It doesn't hurt to try, I think Kepware works for 30 days as trial ware without a license.

The CLX side doesn't bother me, it's talking to the sh!tty GE DCS that seems to of got head scratching going at this stage.

By default kepware will run as a demo timing out in 2 hours. you stop and start the server to get another 2 hours. You can also contact Kepware and get a trial license that will run 24/7 for the duration of that trial period.

You should contact Kepware and talk to one of the sales support engineers they can help you work through any issues.