Gx developer comms problem

ian.smith7

Hi all hope you can help.
I have installed gx developer v8 into the win 2k partition of hp laptop (dual boot to win 2k/sp4 or win/98 v2). I plugged the laptop into a mitsi A1sJH plc using an sco9 cable but have been unable establish comms. I get a cable fault or mismatch program error.
Using medoc 2.4 on the win 98 partition with the same cable and plc everthing worked fine upload, download & verify.
I read Steve Etters reply to a similar problem with gx developer and from memory i am sure the comms were set ok.
I created an empty program for an A1sJH cpu and tried to establish comms again without success.
I think this may be a win 2k problem, is there something I need to set up. The melsec environment is installed and rs logix 500 works fine on the win 2k partition.
any suggestions gratefully recieved.

cheers
ian smith

Just a thought

This is just a thought. I have no problems running GX developer in Windows 2000. The one thing that bites me once in a while, is that I forget to stop all of the communications drivers in RS Linx. The only reason that I mention this is because you stated that you have no problem running RS Logix 500. I always seem to forget to shut down the DF1 driver, and this prevents other software from using the COM port.

Just a thought.

Big Al

Hi,

I have had no problems on win2000 or XP, however Yes if Linx is running it will stop comms (best to set linx to manual anyway, if you have rslogix5000 as well you have to start up the driver you want, some problem with auto). I have found that sometimes it will not connect, go to comms setup check you are on rs232 (top left icon on comms window, then press check comms this sometimes gets it going.