Factory Talk View Studio beginners question

cwicz

Hello,

We are using Factory Talk View Studio software on our laptop and the application type is Machine Edition.
When we open the software we get an error that states the following:

Failed to restore the archived version of the Factory Talk System Directory. See help or your System Administrator to restore the archived Factory Talk System Directory

This is followed by:

Cannot connect to addin object
Name: Application Handler
Cause: 8004303d

The laptop and software were inherited when we arrived at site and we are beginning to travel to each PLC at site to connect and try to view the HMI's that we are using.
I am not familiar with Rockwell Software requirements, but do see that in the Factory Talk Activation Manager FT View Studio Machine Edition is listed.

Has anyone encountered the error messages that we are seeing? Any ideas what might be wrong? Any ideas on corrective action?

Cheers!!

:)

Hello,

We are using Factory Talk View Studio software on our laptop and the application type is Machine Edition.
When we open the software we get an error that states the following:

Failed to restore the archived version of the Factory Talk System Directory. See help or your System Administrator to restore the archived Factory Talk System Directory

This is followed by:

Cannot connect to addin object
Name: Application Handler
Cause: 8004303d

The laptop and software were inherited when we arrived at site and we are beginning to travel to each PLC at site to connect and try to view the HMI's that we are using.
I am not familiar with Rockwell Software requirements, but do see that in the Factory Talk Activation Manager FT View Studio Machine Edition is listed.

Has anyone encountered the error messages that we are seeing? Any ideas what might be wrong? Any ideas on corrective action?

Cheers!!

:)
Anyone know the answer to this?