Micrologix 1500 analog output card

smsp

Hi all,
i am trying to setup a AB micrologix 1500 with analog output card 1769-OF4CI (4-20 mA output) using RSLogix500 and it detected as other card with id=45.The problem is when i simulated the input with some value ,it seem the output card not getting any mA output ,i measure the voltage is around 15.5V for each ouput.I try to configure the output card but it only have expansion general configuration only.Anybody have an experience with 1769 analog ouput card?? any help/suggestion will be great to me,
Thank You

More info needed. If you can post your .RSS file it would be a help
to solve your problem.
What slot is the module in?
Data format used? ( I like engineering units myself)Or ( if using with a PID then of-course PID)
What word are you writing to?
What value are you putting in that word?
What verison of RSLoigx500 do you have?
Is the status light on?

Have I reached 20 yet?

Last edited:
Thanks mickey for your reply,
Attached is the zip file of .RRS file of my project.The analog ouput card is slotted in slot 3.In the ladder it was on ladder 3 rung 6 (using SCP function).
For your info i couldn't configure the card data format or PID because there is no configurable window for that card unlike analog input card.The RSLogix500 i am using is version 6.00

Thanks Mr rPraveenkum,
I have refer to the manual but still cannot get right configuration bit to enable the channel output.Any example how to configure the extra data config tab here ???

have you enabled the 15th bit of word 0 for each channel in the configuration word?

si1.JPG

In the Generic extra data config tab word 0 and 1 is for channel 0,what value should i enter to enable the channel?i read through the manual it is using sign bit with 2 compliment format which was more confusing for me.anybody can help me convert the bit to decimal to enable and also setting it for 4-20mA and engineering unit.

Tq

Thank you very much alan_505,

Now the analog output is working very well but can you give an example with the data format in engineering unit because right now with raw data format the output minimum is 13mA and max is 17mA.