Basic Instrumentation Manuals

Martinvz

Can somebody help me with some basic Instrumentation Manuals.
I am looking for some manuals that describe the basic concepts, general instrumentation practices and even some standard instrumentation symbols for P&IDs would really help. I am not looking for any PLC or SCADA Training Manuals - I have pleanty of those - especially Siemens!
I am currently training a whole lot of students and new employees at our company that desperately need some basic Instrumentation background. Some have learnt heaps of control mathematics, but are clueless as to how this works in the field. I need some "practical" theory documents.
I would be immensely grateful if someone could help me with a few word documents, *.PDF files or whatever you have available. Links to websites would also be hugely appreciated.
As a last resort I would be willing to pay for the books if you are in the business of publishing and selling these type of books.

Any help and suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Martin van Zyl

Instrumentation help

Martin,
One of the best sources of all things instrument is The ISA. Your company will probably pay for you to become a member and once you do, you will have access to the data and documents that they have. Some may not be free but again, the company you work for should be glad to pay for the necessary things to get you where you need to be.

Omega handbook

You will be surprise as to the quantity of information they will send you and the weight of the box :) unless your choice is for the CD version.

Also get the CDs from "Thomas Registers". They have so many CAD drawings in dxf, you will wet your pants.