Help! DeviceNet for SLC500 Allen Bradley

Buscom

Hello,

Please, I need help for those who have already worked on the DeviceNet protocol with Allen Bradley SLC500.

I am currently working on communication between the SLC500 Allen Bradley and an electronic card. I would like to set the DeviceNet communication protocol between the SLC500 Allen Bradley and an electronic card equip with a DSP from Texas Instruments. The DSP have a serial port. and I have a module CDN066 that make the conversion from DeviceNet to RS232, so that the data can came from the PLC in DeviceNet pass throw the CDN066 and comout in RS232 to go into the electronic card

I want to know if you think it is necessary to program the DSP to receive DeviceNet data or if you think it is not necessary and that the CDN066 by converting DeviceNet to RS232, I am no longer need programming the DSP?

thank you, for your replay,

in fact, my electronic card equip with a DSP from Texas Instruments.
The DSP is a tms320f2812 DSP from Texas instruments. His pin is routed to communicate in RS232 with the electronic card

Based on the information you've provided, my only answer is that you'll have to do all of the DSP programming.

UNLESS you can contact the original designer of the electronic card and find out what they did for programming. A DSP by itself does not come with the programming to do what you are asking.