Controlnet Cabling

Joel201

Good day,

I would like to ask anyone out there on how Controlnet cabling is done(This is my first time handling a controlnet project so forgive me for my lack of knowledge đź“š ) like how do i physically connect the controlnet rj45port to a controlnetwork i have read about the controlnet taps, coaxial connectors, and other connectors on the AB site but i have no idea on the actual connection of a controlnet. i am using a 1769-l35cr that has a built in controlnet port (as the manual said) and i saw that the CPU has a built in rj45 port which is supposed to be a controlnet port. so is there an rj45 to bnc connector so that i can connect to the existing controlnet. advance thanks for helping

You will need a 1785-CP cable in order to connect the L35CR NAP (RJ45 Network Access Port)to a PC; however, this port is to be used for temporary software connectivity only!
http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/td/1786-td006_-en-p.pdf
For ControlNet media planning/installation, refer to :
http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/in/cnet-in002_-en-p.pdf
Of all networking protocols, ControlNet is the one which demands nothing less than by-the-book installation; do not skimp on brand, quality or take shortcuts from the Installation Guidelines; if not you, someone will be extremely unhappy for years to come if networking had not been implemented as Allen-Bradley recommended...:D:sick: